Once again at the semester’s close, I am pleased to turn the pages of Cantos and see the poetry, prose, artwork, and photography of my students, some who just completed English 131, others of whom I taught in English 131, 231, or 281 in previous semesters:
- “Archetype, Embodied” and “A Smile as Bright as Myth,” poems by Kati Waldrop (ENG 231, Fall 2014; ENG 281, Spring 2015), Editor in Chief of Cantos
- “Blackberries, a poem by Ghia Smith (ENG 131, Fall 2013)
- “Used,” a poem by Haylee Carpenter (ENG 131, Spring 2016)
- “Voting for Dummies—a Satire” by Claire Grulick (ENG 131, Spring 2016)
- Photographs by Katelyn Barker, Jordan Puckett, Autumn Stewart, and Taylor Welch (ENG 131, Spring 2016)
I am also very pleased to see the short story “Cookie Jar” by my friend Carla Robinson.
I am proud of all of you—not just those of you whose work was selected but all of you who submitted your work for consideration.