Using the six strategies that follow will help your develop a nuanced revision:
- “Make Your Sources Speak
- Attend Carefully to the Language of Your Sources by Quoting or Paraphrasing
- Supply Ongoing Analysis of Your Sources (Don’t Wait Until the End)
- Use Your Sources to Ask Questions, Not Just to Provide Answers
- Put Your Sources in Conversation with One Another
- Find Your Own Role in the Conversation”
Rosenwasser, David, and Jill Stephen. “Six Strategies for Analyzing Sources.” Writing Analytically, 8th edition. Wadsworth/Cengage, 2019. p. 219.
The Writing Center
Remember that you have the opportunity to earn extra credit for your essay if you consult with a Writing Center tutor. To schedule an appointment, go to https://highpoint.mywconline.com.